The Levin-Goffe Scholarship Fund was established to cover up to two years of schooling for immigrants here in New York City who identify as LGBTQI. Scholarships from this fund are intended to provide a measure of economic stability for those who stand at the intersection of marginalization that can be created by being both LGBTQI and an immigrant. The Scholarship provides $12,500 per for year two years. A qualifying applicant is one who
- self-identifies as an immigrant*
- self-identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex
- does not have a criminal record in the United States
- can prove full-time enrollment in a New York City nonprofit college or university
- annual tuition does not exceed $12,500
- has successfully completed at least one academic year or is at least a rising sophomore
- has and maintains an excellent academic record (3.25+ GPA)
*Defined as a foreign-born U.S. resident not having a documented permanent residential status.
International students in the U.S. for the purpose of undergraduate study are not eligible for this scholarship.
The application deadline is listed as June 22nd, but is being extended to July 5th.